Pure Encapsulations PureHeart® K2D
- Supports cardiovascular health‡
- Promotes calcium balance in vascular tissue‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegetarian ingredients
PureHeart® K2D helps maintain healthy calcium balance in vascular tissue for optimal cardiovascular function. PureHeart® K2D targets vascular tissue to support healthy arterial blood flow and vascular elasticity.‡
Gluten Free GMO Free Vegetarian Non GMO
Promotes calcium homeostasis and cardiovascular function‡
Vitamin K2 menaquinone-7 promotes healthy vascular calcium balance and cardiovascular function. In a systematic review involving 5 studies, higher intakes of vitamin K2 were associated with cardiovascular health. Research indicates that it supports the carboxylation of matrix Gla-protein (MGP), a key protein involved in calcium balance. Unlike vitamin K1 which promotes bone health, menaquinone-7 targets vascular tissue to support healthy arterial blood flow and vascular elasticity. In an observational study involving 564 postmenopausal women, higher intake of vitamin K2 was associated with calcium balance in the vascular tissue. Optimal serum levels of vitamin D are also important to maintain healthy calcium balance in vascular tissues, in part by supporting the activity of MGP. Studies indicate that the combination of vitamin K and D provides synergistic support. Vitamin K supplementation may be contraindicated for those taking Coumadin/ warfarin anticoagulant medication.‡
Supplemental FactsEach vegetarian capsule contains:
- vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) (D3)25 mcg (1,000 IU)
- vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7)240 mcg
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- This product contains Vitamin K, which interferes with the prescription drug Coumadin (Warfarin). If you are taking blood thinning medications, consult your health professional before use.
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with a meal.