Thorne Basic Prenatal 90 capsules
A gentle and effective daily multi- for women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant, or are nursing.
A well-researched multi- formulated to nourish mom and support baby’s development, from pre-conception through nursing.* It’s made without the additives and coatings found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
Basic Prenatal Details
Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother's health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.* Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.*
Benefits of Thorne’s Basic Prenatal at each stage:
• Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
• Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
• Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.* Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
• Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness.”*
• Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
• Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.*
After Pregnancy through Nursing
• Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.